To use your iPhone, Apple Watch, or connected app on your HealthKit account as an activity tracker, you need to "allow" the Active For Good app to read your "Step" and "Active Energy" data from Apple's Health App (Also known as HealthKit).
Below is a tutorial on how to verify that the Active for Good app has been properly connected to read HealthKit data (we only pull Steps and Active Energy).
How to verify/enable:
- Locate & open the "Health" app on your iOS device.
- Tap on "Browse" at the bottom of the app.
- Under "Health Categories" tap "Activity".
- In the "Data Available" (the heading may say "No Data Available" if you don't have any connected apps) section tap "Active Energy".
- Scroll down toward the bottom of the section to the "Data Sources & Access" menu, tap it.
- Make sure that "Active For Good" is toggled on (see screenshot below).
The Health app comes pre-installed as part of iOS and is often used by many apps related to wellness.
Note: After this step is complete it can take up to 24 hours for your data to show up on the challenge leaderboard.